Transit Chassis CAb - Practical, durable, efficient
The choice is up to you for a Luton, Tipper, Dropside or Box-Van
With five frame lengths, a range of GVMs from 3,140kg to 4,700kg a choice of Front, Rear or All-Wheel Drive (All-Wheel Drive is available as an option on 350 L2 and L3 series-Excludes Standard Dropside).
Transit Chassis Cab is designed and built for hard work. Its robust and rigid chassis provides an excellent foundation for fitting specialist bodies. For the convenience of operators who want a quick and simple solution, Ford factory-built Transit ‘One-Stop’ bodied chassis cab range is supplied fully-equipped and ready to go. All factory-built ‘One-Stop’ models are manufactured to Ford’s exacting standards and comply with the latest European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (EWVTA) legislation.
Transit Chassis Double Cab is a great solution for moving both crew and load at the same time. Wide-opening doors provide easy access to the spacious, well thought-out interior. While the dual front passenger seat and rear quad seat together offer comfortable accommodation for up to seven occupants, including plenty of under seat stowage possibilities.
Transit Chassis Cab delivers outstanding payload and towing capability. The 350HD and 470 versions with high0rted suspension, 170PS engine and 7,000kg gross train mass (GTM) can pull up to a maximum 3.5 tonnes of brakes trailer load, when properly equipped. Commercial users may need an optional digital tachograph.
Throughout the entire development process, Ford has worked closely with the bodybuilding industry to ensure that all standard body types, and most bespoke solutions, can be fitted easily and efficiently with little or no modification. With low frame rails, integral body mounting points and robust high tensile steel frame construction, Transit Chassis Cab provides a strong and reliable base for virtually any conversion.
Standard features include:
- Flat, strong ladder-frame enable a wide range of body conversions to be fitted
- Three Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) variants from 3,140 kg to 4,700 kg
- 350HD (Heavy Duty) version available for operators requiring greater trailer plate loading flexibility from a 3,500 kg GVM vehicle
- Wheelbase and overhang dimensions suitable for industry-standard or non-standard body sizes
- Standard-width door mirrors accommodate body sizes up to 2,170mm. Wide-body mirrors are available for bodies up to the legal maximum of 2,438mm (Option)
- Robust inverted closed ‘top hat’ section pressed high tensile steel frame (double ‘top hat’ for 350HD and 470 models)
- Integral body mounting points and bolt-on rear frame overhangs, where required
- Bolted closing member allows chassis length to be customised without welding
- Higher centre of gravity suspension as standard, to cope with large bodywork
- Electrical connections for additional exterior lighting, where required
- Side exist exhaust
For more information on conversions and convertor information, please see Transit Conversions.
Click Here to book an appointment to find out more about the Transit Range at our Riverway dealership in Newport, Isle of Wight.